Note: you have to be a Google Apps Super Admin to complete this setup.
When you connect your calendar to Chorus, Chorus automatically recognizes online meetings on your calendar and joins them as an attendee to record the audio. This article show you how to enable the Google Apps API to pre-authorize Google Calendar Connect for your entire team. When this setting is enabled, team members will automatically have their calendars connected as soon as they join Chorus.
- What does Google Apps Connect do? Instead of making each rep on your team connect Chorus to their Google calendar, you can activate the entire team all at once as an Admin
- Does this sync the calendars of all Chorus users? No. We only sync calendars for the 'Sales Rep' profile. For 'Managers' and 'Admin User' we don't sync the calendar. Managers and Admins can manually enable the sync from the settings page
- What happens if someone new joins my team? When they sign-in to Chorus for the first time, we will connect with their Google calendar and automatically capture meetings.
- What meetings does Chorus record? Chorus only records meetings with your customers. We exclude internal meetings. For details on how we record meetings you can check the related articles at the bottom of this page
- Can I de-activate this later? You can stop the calendar sync by removing the Chorus access on Google Apps Admin.
How to activate Google Connect
Add a new API scope with the following details
- Client Name: 453902234605-ssvakfdm8jjkitj52git02nfr5flv2gb.apps.googleusercontent.com
One or More API Scopes: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly,profile,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly
For further information you can refer to the Google Apps document about "registering new APIs" from the Apps Admin page.