Chorus Email Notifications: Automatic Emails & Custom Alerts
To help get you the information you most need, Chorus has various automatic emails as well as the option to get notified on subjects you care about the most.
In your Personal Settings you will find a scrolling list of all emails that Chorus automatically generates. Each one has the notification name and a frequency column that indicates when the notice would be sent. By clicking the checkbox, you can select the specific emails you’d like to continue receiving.
Please note there are multiple pages of notifications that can be selected using the scroll bar on the far right side of the browser window.
Other automatic alerts include Coaching Recommendations for your team’s high risk calls (such as calls where there were many risks brought up, no next steps set, and a long rep monologue) and Deal Recommendations for deals set to close in the near future that also have details worth taking a look at.
If you are an Admin, by default you will receive these Coaching and Deal Recommendations for all teams in Chorus. If there are only select teams you’d like to receive these notifications for, you can select those teams in the Coaching and Deal Recommendations Preferences in your Personal Settings.
Most Sales and Customer Success leaders want to be proactively notified when something noteworthy happens on a call - for example, if discounting came up in an early stage conversation, or if a competitor came up in a renewal discussion, or if any of these topics came up on a deal over a certain size closing in the next 90 days.
Other recommended use cases include:
- Custom alerts on product feedback and feature requests for your Product Team,
- “How did you hear about us” alerts for your Marketing Team
- Alert if someone says your name on a call.
- For example, if a rep is on a call and the customer asks about the specifics of your Salesforce integration and the rep says, “Let me check with your Solutions Engineer, Julio, about this question,” Julio can then get alerted and listen to the exact moment it came up.
- The same is true for managers or leadership, for example: “I’ll connect with my manager, Samantha, about pricing options for you.”
To create a custom alert, follow these steps:
- Ensure a tracker exists for this term. Luckily, common topics like pricing, discount, timeline, next steps, risks, decision process, and countless others are already created for you. Custom trackers can also be created for your competitors, sales methodology, your product features, and more.
Click here to learn more about how to create a tracker.
- Head over to Analytics > In Depth Reporting
- Enter your tracker as a search term
- Set your filters to show results from the appropriate reps or teams, deal stage, deal amount, and more.
- Click the toggle for “Create Alert” and give your alert a name - voila! You’ll get an email each day with a list of every call this topic came up on.