Playlists: Curated Content for Onboarding & Ongoing Skill Development
Sales training content is a critical part of any organization looking to scale their onboarding and training programs. Whether it’s a collection of discovery calls to train your new reps, or a designated place for your team film review, Playlists are a powerful tool for reps, managers, and enablement leaders.
We recommend leveraging our Smart Playlist functionality to have automatically curated playlist created for you by our AI. By giving Chorus criteria, our AI will automatically find moments from calls and add it to a playlist. You can leverage Smart Playlists playlists for practically anything from onboarding content to a library of anytime competitors are mentioned in late stage opportunities. Instead of you having to find the calls we're finding them for you and adding the snippet to that library.
The playlists page is default organized by most recent activity - meaning that any playlist that has been modified or created most recently will be at the top of the page. However, you can sort by Updated Date, Playlist Owner, and Number of Snippets:
For teams with multiple functional groups (ex. NA Enterprise AEs, EMEA Corporate AEs, etc), we offer Playlist Folders and Sub-Folders to help organize your Playlist content by function, market segment, and type of conversation.
Creating a new playlist
1. Simply click the “Create a New Playlist” button at the top right of the page and name your playlist, or click the carat to pre-select the type of playlist.
2. Decide whether your playlist will be a Smart Playlist or a regular playlist. A Smart Playlist means that Chorus will automatically add relevant moments to your playlist for you. Make a standard playlist if you want to manually choose which moments you add to a playlist.
While we recommend leveraging Chorus' AI to assist your playlist creation, you may still want to take on a second layer of curation yourself. You can manually add or delete moments to tailor the playlist. Here are a few playlists you may want to manage yourself or keep as manual:
- Film Review Playlists
- Final versions of playlists for onboarding
- 1:1 playlists
3. If Smart Playlist - Add in your playlist criteria. You can have Chorus auto-fill a playlist based on: Account Name, Current Deal Stages, Deal Stages at Time of Call, Reps, Teams, and Trackers or Themes that are mentioned.
4. To create nested folders, create the broadest folder first (ex. Enterprise Team).
From there, click "Create Subfolder" to start your first nest (ex. North America AEs, EMEA AEs, Global CSM).
If you need to move a folder or adjust how they are nesting, hover over the playlist name on the left part > click the three dots > move to:
Subscribing to a Playlist & Sharing with Others
Click the Subscribe button on any playlist to sign up for a daily morning digest email that will surface any new calls or moments that have been added to your playlist. Sign up for multiple playlists - don’t worry, you’ll only get one email a day.
This is great for busy managers that want a list of calls they should listen to on the way to work!
Use the share link on the playlist page to point a member of your team to all the calls in a given playlist - great for new hire onboarding or ongoing training initiatives.
Adding a moment manually to a Playlist
You can add an entire call to a playlist, or use the clipping functionality to add a specific moment to the playlist.
1. To add either a moment from a call or the entire call, start by going to the recording.
If you need help finding a specific recording, check out this help article.
2. Once viewing a specific recording, click the arrow next to "Share" on the lower right of the video player and select "Add to Playlist"
3. Select how much of the call --whether just a moment or the whole thing -- you'd like to add to the playlist. If you'd like to share just a moment from the call, slide the video cropping tools to capture just that moment; if you'd like to add the whole call, slide the cropping tools all the way out to the sides.
4. From the Add To Playlist tab, you can select the playlist and provide a description.
This is what this process looks like in one fell swoop:
Sample Use Cases
For Reps and Teams:
- Listen and learn from top examples of engaging Discovery calls, (available out-of-the-box)
- What resonates most with your prospects? Uncover a curated list of “Wow!” moments, (available out-of-the-box)
- Learn how top reps close deals by auto-collecting and reviewing the best examples of the sales process
For Managers and Sales Executives:
- Flag high risk calls from accounts that may need attention, (available out-of-the-box)
- Collect competitive mentions on top-tier deals
- Create a Playlist for your team film review sessions that includes the week’s most interesting Discovery calls
For Enablement, Ops, and Marketing:
- Track new sales training initiatives. Share good examples with the team to reinforce learning
- Capture customer testimonials that could be augmented into marketing material or customer story points for the sales team to share in future deals
- Review how the sales team approaches pricing discussions in deals