Talk Track Analytics lets you unlock the mystery of conversation content. The insights you find here fuel coaching and self-learning toward the perfect Talk Track. Explore how sales conversations are differing from team to team, rep to rep, and more.
It's important to note that these comparisons are driven by your knowledge of your sales organization. Comparing to averages can only take you so far in your journey toward improvement. Never strive to be average! Comparing, instead, to a benchmark that signifies something above average, something specific to your sales process, is a massive upgrade in insights. This is precisely the goal of Talk Track Analytics. Keep reading to find out how you can use comparative conversation data to improve your (or your team's) Talk Track!
Where to find it:
In the Analytics tab, use the drop down to select “Talk Track”.
How to use it:
The Talk Track Overview gives you a baseline view of what topics are coming up most in deals. How much time is devoted to prospect needs, budget, or a given set of product features during the average discovery stage? You may know what you or your team should be spending time on, but this report will shed light on these sales conversations using concrete topic duration data. When you're done exploring here, you can dive into Talk Track comparisons using the By Team Members Talk Track report. Here's how to get started...
- Select a deal Stage using the dropdown just below the Talk Track page name.
- You can modify the Team Members dropdown to select any Team or Person for whom you would like to review Talk Track content.
- Let's talk about data! On the left, you'll see all of the Themes and Trackers that are coming up in the selected Team or Person's conversations. The ones near the top of the page are talked about the longest. You can check out the numeric duration data and visualization to the right to better understand the "shape" of their conversations. In the example below, we see that the BDR team spends a lot of time during the Research phase talking about the sales process and some key features.
By Team Members
The next step is to start comparing Talk Tracks. What do top reps spend time talking about during the discovery stage vs. a ramping AE? Once you know, you can learn or coach. Enter, Talk Track By Team Members. You can review any comparison of how Trackers are being used across individuals or compare individuals with team averages. Here’s the step-by-step...
- Select a deal Stage using the dropdown just below the Talk Track page name. (Just like you did on the Talk Track Overview report)
- Use the other two dropdowns on the report to toggle between different groups you would like to compare.
- For example, try selecting your team’s name in the left dropdown, and your team’s top rep in the right dropdown.
- You could also try comparing your own talk track to that top rep…..or any other combination.
- Now there’s a lot of data here...so what does it all mean? The numeric data shows you how much time reps are spending on each topic during an average deal. The bars visualize the difference between the two groups you chose to compare. Use it to find the biggest gaps in conversation content and work towards an improved, consistent Talk Track!
Now that you've learned about rep and team talk tracks, let’s take a step back and see if there are any patterns in Talk Tracks that lead to Stalled/Lost Deals vs. those that advance to the next Stage in the funnel.
- Select a deal Stage using the dropdown just below the Talk Track page name. (You’re a pro at this by now)
- The other columns represent average Talk Times in deals that either Stalled, or were effectively lost in that stage, or Advance to the next stage in the sales funnel.
- Just like the By Team Members tab, the numeric data shows how much time reps are spending on each topic during conversations in a deal. And the bars visualize the differences.
- Look for patterns based on the biggest bars -- these topics are the conversation gaps, or what is happening differently in deals that stall compared to those that advance.
- Use these insights to modify Talk Tracks and optimize for getting to that next stage of the sales funnel!
- Remember that conversations vary drastically from the discovery phase to procurement. Use the Stage dropdown to explore different types of Talk Tracks.
- The Impactful Trackers radio button shows you the top 10 Trackers with the biggest differences in talk time during deals. You can change that to All Trackers to see everything.
- Talk Track Analytics relies on Deals to drive insights. So if Trackers rarely come up, you may see a warning icon in the Difference column of All Trackers noting a "Small Sample Size".