Discovery calls are arguably the most important conversation in the sales cycle. It's your first deep engagement with a prospective customer, and your chance to truly learn about the prospect's pain points - and how your solution can solve them.
With the power of Chorus Data Science, we are able to peel back the curtains on the Discovery Call and understand what the key indicators are for turning a Discovery Call into a Closed Won Deal.
We analyzed over 500K Discovery meeting recordings and transcripts. Here are some insights on Discovery best practices that result in Closed Won deals.
Here's a glimpse into what we found:
- Deals are 60% more likely to advance to the next stage if the discovery call has 2 or more Engaging Moments
- Closed won deals have on average 3.6 Engaging Moments in the Discovery stage
- Top reps speak between 45% to 52% during most Discovery calls
- Asking more than 2 questions per minute decreases prospect engagement
- Not all prospects are created equal - educated prospects respond negatively to getting asked more than 5 questions during Discovery