Using Momentum Insights in Chorus
We know deal reviews are notoriously challenging. The information you need might be scattered across several different places from Salesforce to your reps’ brain; deal reviews require lots of prep time and often focus on the high-level rather than giving reps concrete action items; and even the best reps can’t remember every single detail about what happened during every communication within a deal. Plus, it takes time to compile all that information, and that’s time spent away from selling.
The risk of critical information falling through the cracks and derailing a deal (and your forecast) is daunting with this current state of affairs. The lack of visibility into all deal-related communication is a problem we’re addressing with Momentum.
Whether you are a rep or a manager, there are three pieces of information that affect the course of a deal: what, when and who. We’ve designed Momentum so you can get the answers to these exact questions.
When you first open the Deals tab, you’ll see a birds' eye, account level of view of open opportunities with a preview of activity and engagement. Use this overview page to get a sense of your forecast health for this month or quarter by filtering all opportunities listed by close date (ex. Close Date = This Quarter).
To drill into a specific opportunity further, click on that opportunity's row.
Here’s a basic overview of what this page contains:
- Zoom out to all opportunities with this account, or zero in on a specific one.
- Dynamic timeline of customer interactions (video calls, inbound emails, outbound emails). Includes the deal stage in which the interaction took place.
- Contacts who have been engaged with, when the last touch was, and number of video calls and emails exchanged with a particular individual. Click on a particular person to see the interactions with just them.
- The specific interaction itself. See a list of calls and emails under the timeline, and when searching the timeline for key topics, this section will display transcript excerpts of the search term.
- Searching & filtering this timeline: Search the timeline for any tracker in your account, or use the 50+ patented, pre-built trackers provided automatically for you, such as Next Steps, Discounts, Budget, Pricing, Risk and more.
- You’ll see when on the timeline this subject came up
- Who this subject came up with
- See a transcript of that exact moment
- Optional: filter those results by a specific person (ex. Decision maker)
How to use this page
Pipeline & Deal Inspection
- Don’t simply rely on high-level forecasting numbers. Know each deal or account inside out, as if you were in every interaction, with firsthand conversation & relationship insights.
- Get complete and accurate data to craft a realistic view of whether a deal has stalled and needs support. Don’t rely on your reps’ happy hears—hear the voice of the customer firsthand to assess likelihood of closing.
- Inspect deals set to close this month or quarter before committing your forecasts. Most effective ways to do this are:
- Get a general sense of how much interaction there has been. Are there many calls? Is your rep sending the right volume of emails? Is the customer replying to those emails?
- Use the search bar to look for risk (ex. Risk, Budget, Competitor mentions) as well as commit language (ex. Contract, Commit/Move Forward, Pricing)
Incorporate into your 1:1s
- Reps can pinpoint where they need support with complete visibility into who's involved in their deals and what topics they care about. Gain a clearer view into whether you need to loop in additional stakeholders to help win the deal.
- Have your reps proactively identify an Opp they’re working on and have questions on strategy. Use this view to help understand what interactions to-date have looked like and what can be done to improve the likelihood of the Opp closing. (ex. We’re not engaging the right people / titles, we haven’t discussed a multi-year agreement yet, there are unresolved legal issues, etc).