Zoom Phone Set up
Zoom Phone requires Admin level permissions on Zoom for the first part of the setup. If you are not your company's Zoom admin, forward this article and have your Zoom Admin follow the Zoom Setup Instructions below
Use this setup guide to use Zoom Phone with Chorus.ai. Doing this will allow Chorus to import calls recorded on Zoom Phone.
Note: Utilizing the Zoom phone API requires a Business or Enterprise Zoom account - if you do not have a Business or Enterprise account, Chorus will be unable to pull in your team's calls.
1. Zoom Phone Instructions
The following guide outlines the configuration required in the Zoom admin interface (you need to be a Zoom administrator to make these changes).
This guide is written to affect the Zoom settings for your entire organization. However, if you are a large organization and find it useful to have group-specific settings, you can easily do so. See the following documentation for how to set-up groups within Zoom: Managing User Groups
- Your organization must use Salesforce and have already set up the 1-click Chorus-Salesforce sync. If you need to complete this step, click here for instructions on how to sync Chorus and Salesforce.
- Your organization must be on Business or Enterprise account with Zoom Phone plan (Metered, Unlimited, or Pro).
- Ensure the Zoom admin also has a Chorus.ai admin license. The integration requires that the person doing the set up has the proper credentials for both Zoom and Chorus.
- Zoom Phone will need to be enabled for each user individually within your organization. To do this, visit the “Phone System Management” section in your Zoom settings and select “Users & Rooms” underneath. (Note: this Users & Rooms section is separate from other user management sections within the Zoom settings).
- Click into each individual person who will be using Zoom Phone, and click into the Policy tab.
(Above: User list)
(Above: the policy tab for that individual user)
- On the Policy tab, flip on automatic recording for Inbound and Outbound calls. Doing this will allow all inbound and outbound calls to be recorded by Zoom and be uploaded by Chorus.
- If checked on, the “Play a disclaimer prompt to the call participants” will cause an audio notification to play at the start of both inbound and outbound calls letting participants know the call is being recorded.
Recommended: This setting can be turned off by unchecking the box.
This completes the Zoom part of the setup!
2. Chorus Setup Instructions
Now that your Zoom Admin has configured Zoom correctly:
1. Go to your Integrations tab in Chorus and scroll down to the bottom to click "Activate" for Zoom Phone:
2. Connect Zoom Phone by scrolling up on the integrations page to “Add Dialer” > select Zoom Phone [Note: Requires Chorus Admin access]
3. Select Zoom Phone
4. Select the Salesforce API field name your organization uses to log your call outcome (e.g. Call_Recording__c). If you do not have a field for this, leave this drop down blank.
5. Click “Sync Dialer” - all set!
From here, Chorus will map recordings to contacts and other records in Salesforce based on the phone number you called. If there are no records in Salesforce, the recording will still be available in Chorus, and will be searchable by both the phone number called and the recording owner.
If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org