The One-Click button that automatically generates a Go-Link for meetings scheduled in Microsoft Teams provides a simple, automated way to add compliance for any customer doing business in the EU. Reps & managers can rest assured they’re being fully compliant and eliminate any reliance on manual workflows.
- Meeting Hosts click on the Chorus plugin on O365 Calendar
- A Go-Link and recording disclaimer are automatically generated and added to the Location and Description in the meeting invite
- Attendee clicks on the link in meeting invite
- Depending on their location (sourced by IP) they’ll be routed to a GDPR page or a non-GDPR page to join the call
The GDPR compliant page provides an explicit consent capture by providing the attendee with the option to join with or without recording.
The Non-GDPR page complies with passive consent that simply states “Join the Meeting” with a text notifying the attendee that the meeting will be recorded. By joining, the attendee passively consents to being recorded. This is compliant for passive consent recording laws in the US.
Initial Set Up For Reps
The first time a user sets up this workflow, they will be prompted to login and accept a Microsoft Office Permissions Request
Note: A user will only be prompted to grant permission on this initial setup. Once completed, this won’t appear again.
- Navigate to your Calendar and click on the Chorus plug-in in the upper right and a sidebar will pop-up
- Click on Microsoft Teams icon.
- A link will auto generate in the Location section of the meeting invite. This is the Go-Link
- A recording disclaimer will auto-populate in the Description
Users will be able to edit event details as needed and send the invite once complete.
Note: To edit the template used in the auto-populated description, please coordinate with your Chorus Admin & Solution Engineer.